Guidelines / Instructions for applying 'On-Line for the Post of Constable in Chandigarh Police (Reserved for SC Catetory).
- Candidates are advised to go through these guidelines/instructions minutely before applying - on line - for the post of Constable in Chandigarh Police.
Candidate must read the Standing Order before filling up the Application Form.
- I Candidate must have one latest passport size photograph and his/her signature both in digital format before applying on line as the photograph and signature of the applicant have to be uploaded by the candidate at the time of applying on line.
- II Bank Draft Number and name of the Bank are mandatory fields in the application form. Therefore, candidates are advised that before starting to fill up on line application form they must first get a bank draft prepared from any bank for Rs.200/- payable at Chandigarh in favor of "Section Officer/Accounts, UT Police Headquarters Chandigarh."
- III These vacancies are backlog posts of Constables under SC Category.
- IV Those already in service must obtain 'no objection certificate' from their department before applying for the post of Constable in Chandigarh Police.
- V After online data entry, candidate will click "Submit and Print" option at the end of the on-line form and two copies of application form will be printed. One copy of the application form along with original bank draft for Rs. 200/- have to be sent by post or submitted personally to "The Deputy Superintendent of Police, Police Lines, Sector-26, Chandigarh"on or before 30.11.2013, except Sundays and Gazetted Holidays and the second copy will be retained by the candidate for his/her record and to be shown at the time of Physically Efficiency Test & Physical Measurement Test, Written Test and Interview etc. The candidates must understand that the last date to apply for the post of Constable in Chandigarh Police is 15.11.2013and the last date 30.11.2013is only for the purpose of submission of hard copy of application. Only on-line applicants will be entertained.
- VI Vacancies advertised for the post of Constable in Chandigarh Police are only for Indian Nationals. Candidates will be first called for Physical Efficiency (PET) and Physical Measurement Test (PMT). Thereafter candidates who will qualify the PET /PMT will be called for Written Test and finally who qualify the Written Test will be again called for Driving Test and Interview. The Physical Efficiency Test and Physical Measurement Test will start in the MONTH OF FEB 2014 in Police Lines, Sector -26, and Chandigarh. The Schedule for PET/PMT will be available on the official web site of Chandigarh Police www.chandigarhpolice.nic.in . No separate intimation in this regard will be sent to the candidates. The candidates are advised to check the schedule for PMT/PET in the month of Jan 2014 on the official web site of Chandigarh Police. The candidates from far of places must ensure that they reach at the venue of test at the scheduled date and time as no other date & time will be given to the candidate once the candidate is marked absent.
- VII No TA/DA will be given to candidates appearing for Physical Efficiency/Physical Measurement /Written Test and Interview, etc.
- VIII Before sending application, candidates are advised to remember their application number generated by computer after saving the form on-line. Computer generated application form number will be treated as their ID code during the entire process of recruitment and all correspondence with the applicant will be made only after matching the ID code.
- IX No application form will be available any where. Only on-Line applications will be accepted which are to be filled by the candidates upto 15.11.2013
- X Entire process of recruitment is being computerized. Candidates are advised to fill up only one application. Multiple applications of candidate, if found, will cause rejection of candidature.
- XI Canvassing in any manner by applicant will be a ground for disqualification.
- XII Cut off date for all purposes including age and qualification, etc is 1.1.2013. Standing Order governing the recruitment to the post of Constable in Chandigarh Police containing detailed terms and conditions, criteria, etc. is available on the Chandigarh Police website www.chandigarhpolice.nic.in. Candidates can download/print copy of the Standing Orders as well as above guidelines/instructions for their information and future reference.
- XIII Candidates are advised to write their application number on the backside of bank draft being sent along with their application.
- XIV The selected candidates on their appointment as Constable can be deployed in any unit of Chandigarh Police i.e. Police Lines, Traffic, CID, Operations Cell, Security, Police Stations, IRB Etc. and any where in India.
- XV On-Line application will start w.e.f. 1.10.2013